Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dalton's Surprise to a Ranger's Game!!!!

So first off let me apologize with Dalton for being so mean to him right before the game. haha. This is how it all went down....

Dalton needed to go shopping for some shorts and pants yesterday. So we went to the mall. We only made it to two stores and Brynlee was kinda over the stroller so I thought we could let her play at the kids play area and then finish what we had come to do. But then Dalton was like no lets just go home I'll come back by myself later we can play at home. I don't know why, maybe it was his tone, or the situation but I was kinda irritated by this. Not mad just like, why?..kinda thing. 

Haha Anyways so when we get home I'm like about to start getting dinner ready and Dalton says " my mom just called an wants to know if she can watch Brynlee tonight because she needs her Brynlee fix and maybe we can go get dinner or something" So then i say sure. (Let me just tell you that the call was fake, she had knwon for a week about this and he also fake called her back to let her know I said ok) Then Dalton asks me if "I'm gonna wear that?" YES YES I AM! lol I was wearing a dress i thought was cute geez I didn't feel like changing! So he puts on a rangers jersey. Ok? And then he tells me its 1/2 off Fajitas at papasitos if you wear Rangers gear on game days. So I fall for that and change into a rangers shirt. I know they did that for the cowboys games so I didn't think anything of it. 

So Daltons mom gets here and he didn't have time to tell her I didn't know so she said something (I cant remember what it was) and the secret was out! I was all pumped that we were going to the game! Grabbed my "momma camera" and headed out the door. I did manage to hear her say "Did he tell you where you were sitting?" And I said "No"...and she said "I'll let you find out then." 

So here's a quick summary of the rest of the night. Dalton asks me what home plate cross streets are. I tell him. He then plays it off like we are looking for general parking. Turns into valet parking and we park for free because it comes with our tickets. Go check out the buffet at the Diamond Club before the game because it too is also free with our tickets. Decide to buy 5 $1 hotdogs before heading to out seats. Ask a man to make sure we know where we are going (Daltons at least at this point I know we are by 1st base), the man then proceeds to say "Man those are sweet seats how'd you pull that?" The aisle usher then directs me to my exact seat where I can basically smell the sweat and gravel of the game!!!!! I played it cool though. :-) Until my new security guard friend hands me a game ball and basically I threw playing cool out the window. 







So thanks babe for a wonderful surprise date night!!! 
And my ball :-) 
(The security guard who gave it to me is in the white shirt at the left side of the pic kinda cut off)

No comments:

Post a Comment