Monday, August 8, 2011

You Can Always Pick Up Right Where You Left Off.....

On July 23rd, Brynlee and I went out to Lindale to visit the folks on our way to one of my best friends son's 1st birthday. I though the drive was going to kill me, but I obviously survived. I wanted to be back home before it was dark and before Dalton got off work, but the party didn't start till 4:30pm. And it was a two hour drive there and two hour drive back. YUCK.

It was worth every minute of it! 

I had my friend Karissa thinking I wasn't going to come. So when I showed up, although her mom announced that her friend from dallas was there she thought it must be someone else. To my gladness I was able to surprise her! Yay, I love to be both on the receiving end and giving end of surprises! 
I'm not sure how long it had been since we had seen each other, I know at least a year. She lives in Houston which is a 5 hour drive from me and with us both having kids neither of us could brave the drive. 

Anyway, when I walked in she saw me and started to tear up. 

Oh. No.

I'm a crier y'all. Name a movie and I've cried. 

She's tearing up, I'm tearing up, another one of our friends Morgan standing near by is about to start. 
We were about to be the domino affect of a water park in a few minutes.
Luckily we pulled it together. 

Karissa and I have known each other since junior college. She knows everything and anything about me pretty much. She's got the 411 on my love life, school life, mommy life...basically my whole life since we met in junior college. And we don't get to see each other often so now our friendship is based off texts, Facebook comments, and phone calls. But I love it. It's like we never skipped a beat. And I'm super proud of her, she just graduated from Sam Houston, while raising an infant! Awesome! Now I'm just waiting for her to move here and be my neighbor. 


So here's some pics from the party. Cut me some slack here, I had been in the car all day so I'm looking pretty rough. 

Already Partners in Crime...tearing up the place
Brynlee & Hudson

Add caption


Karissa & Hudson        Me & Brynlee

Brynlee helping Hudson

Me, Morgan, And Karissa
Love Them!

No comments:

Post a Comment