Friday, August 12, 2011

Enchilada recipe

I know that recently I made enchiladas for a potluck 
And everyone was wondering how I made them... 
This is my super quick on the run need something for dinner edition 
(My other enchiladas take quite some time)

Makes 10 small enchiladas (you can adjust it to your needs)
Ingredients:
1 Rotisserie Chicken
1 Pkg (8oz) Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
1 Can (4.5oz) chopped green chiles (I use a mexican kind that I can't pronounce, 1: b/c it's cheaper and 2: I like to feel authentic haha) 
2 Cans (10oz) Old El Paso Mild Green Enchilada sauce
1 Pkg of whole wheat 6in flour tortillas
Eyeball amounts of : Cilantro, Feta cheese, jalapeños, onions (basically whatever you feel to make yours "mucho bueno!") 

Heat oven to 400 degrees. And Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.

First take your rotisserie chicken and take off the skin, and shred every piece of meat up with your hands. 
(If you cut it, it'll be in cubes more than shredded)
You want to use all the meat if your making a full batch (10 enchiladas) 

Put all your shredded chicken in a non-stick heated pan.
(If using onions or jalapeños add them at this time to let them brown some)

Add in your softened cut up cubes of cream cheese.
Mix until melted.
Stir in the green chiles. 
I add Cilantro at this time. 
(Do not cut the cilantro with a knife, you'll cut all the flavor into the cutting board, use scissors)

Then fill each tortilla in the middle with desired amount of filling.
Roll up the tortilla and put in pan seam side down. 

Pur sauce over the top; making sure everything is covered.
Sprinkle with Cheddar, mexican blend and/or feta cheese. 

Bake 15-20min or until hot & cheese is melted. 

Yummm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment