Thursday, July 14, 2011

Quick trip!

This past weekend Dalton, Brynlee and I went on our first plane ride family trip! 
It was not bad at all! In fact Brynlee was fabulous. 
We went to california for two reasons 
1. My cousin Joey was getting married which meant family time and plus Brynlee was in the wedding
2. Check out our wedding venue

We only had two real days there so it was all go go go when we were there. 
The night we landed we had dinner with my cousin Joey, his soon-to-be wife, her sister, my aunt Debbie and cousin Melissa. We probably didn't get back to the hotel till 11pm ish which meant it was 1am Texas time and Brynlee was out as soon as we hit the driveway of the restaurant. 

Day 1: We headed to the Huntington beach pier to walk around, eat lunch and get Brynlee in the sand. We ate at Rubys on the pier which was good. Way more burger than I could handle. Dalton and I easily could have shared. But sadly Brynlee wasn't diggin the sand. We made sure it wasn't hot but once her toes hit the waterworks came. Then we headed out and got ready for the wedding. Which Brynlee was a mini flower girl and I the wagon puller. 
She's a happy camper as long as she's on the towel haha
Brynlee and the other mini flower girl

Day 2: We went to the Sawdust festival (artsy stuff). I got a fitted toe ring! Literally the only place I will get them from. We walked around for a bit, watched some glass blowing and then headed to find something to eat. We ended up eating right off Laguna Beach at Las Brisas. SO. GOOD. Then we went to check out our wedding venue. Which we still love. And headed to my Aunt Debbie's house to visit with some relatives before we headed home. 

Us as the festival 

Brynlee playing with her cousins and a little boy my brother watches 

All in all it was a good trip. Definitely too short. But I'm glad we got to go. It was nice to spend time as a family even if it was two days. And it was nice to see all my California family, since I hadn't seen them since 2006. I love and miss them so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment